I have that freedom to speak: Kushboo


Kushboo is all smiles these days, with support coming to her comments on premarital sex from a body no lesser than Supreme Court. The apex court’s observation that there was nothing illegal about live-in relationships and premarital sex amongst adults has boosted the morale of the actress.

Says Kushboo, who is known for her fearless remarks irrespective of the issue she is talking about, “We have a completely dependable judiciary. And I feel it now more than ever. The Supreme Court’s direction clearly shows freedom of speech does exist in India.”

On her five-year legal battle, the actress, who earned the wrath of many organisations when she made the comments in 2005, says, “I fought for my daughters. Because, I have to tell them that they should feel proud of their mom.”

She adds: “I am now clear that I can speak my mind freely. At the same time, I know my limits and responsibilities. I would like to thank my family members, friends and well-wishers who have supported me all these years.”

Tags: kushboo police cases, kushboo criminal case, kushboo suprement court case, kushboo latest issues, kushboo latest news, kushboo photos, kushboo police complaint