Vikram anticipates National Award for Raavanan


While speaking about his forthcoming movie Raavanan (Villain in Telugu and Raavan in Hindi), directed by ace Mani Ratnam, Kollywood superstar Vikram said his role in Raavanan could fetch him yet another National Award. The actor plays a tough rural guy in the Tamil version; in Hindi, he dons the role of a police officer.

"I am really lucky to act in a Mani Ratnam film. The film was made in Tamil and Hindi and it was a great challenge for me to act in two different kinds of roles. Mani Ratnam had great confidence in my acting and made me act in both these roles. Those who watched the film at the Cannes Film Festival were stunned to see me doing two different roles. I think I will get the National Award once again for acting in Raavanan though I don’t act for awards," the actor said.