I have not gone for IIFA: Genelia


A Tamil newspaper had put out a story today (June 4) that top actress Genelia has gone to Colombo for the IIFA. But Genelia says she is very much in Mumbai and is busy with one of her endorsements.

Speaking exclusively to sify.com from Mumbai, Genelia said: “I’m very much in Mumbai doing an ad shoot and will be in Chennai on Sunday to complete my film with Dhanush. I really don’t know how these rumours started. Actually I was supposed to perform with Saif and Shah Rukh Khan, and was also to walk the ramp with Manish Malhotra, but I have opted out of IIFA, as I did not want to hurt Tamil sentiments. I refused to go for IIFA only because of my deep love and commitment to Tamil cinema and its audiences who were extra good to me.”

Genelia is all praise for the unit of Uthama Puthiran and her hero Dhanush and says that it will be a rollicking entertainer. In fact the actress has just tweeted- “Sitting at home checking all the news and all the tweets on IIFA. I won't make it this year, looking forward to it next year.”

Tags: 2010 iifa photos, iifa 2010 stills, iifa 2010 all stars photos, iifa 2010 celebrities, iifa 2010 genelia stills, iifa 2010 bollywood stars, genelia visited iifa 2010