My daddy strongest: Prashanth


"To fill in my father’s shoes was no easy task," says Prashanth, who is playing a role did by his father Thyagarajan in the remake of yesteryear hit 'Malayur Mambattian'.

The new version, titled 'Mambattian', is getting ready to hit the screens. Throwing light on the project, Prashanth says, "I watched the original version nearly 500 times and still marvel at my dad's work. After doing intense home work, I started to shoot".

Directed by Thyagarajan himself, the movie stars Meera Jasmine, Jayamalini, Prakash Raj, Vadivelu, Kota Sreenivasa Rao and Vijayakumar among others.

Dwelling further, Prashanth says, "I toned my physique after rigorous workouts and was under strict diet. It was a challenging role and thanks to my dad’s guidance, I pulled it off comfortably".

On his next film ‘Ponnar Shankar’, which is based on a story by Chief Minister M Karunanidhi, Prashanth, says, "Ponnar Shankar is still worshipped by many in south Tamilnadu. He is admired and adored for his valour. Doing such a grand historical movie is a great delight".

Tags: malayur mambattian movie remake, malayur mambattian new film hero, malayur mambattian thyagarajan, malayur mambattian prasanth movie, tamil actor prashanth new film malayur mambattian, malayur mambattian new movie heroine, malayur mambattian movie details, old tamil film malayur mambattian story, actor prashanth stills, prashanth father thyagarajan stills, thyagarajan prashanth images